Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Listening To
Disney - The First 50 Years

Reading
Insomnia Stephen King

January 18, 2006

Farewell My Mayfairs

On Tuesday, I visited Vince’s site only to realize that both of us had finished our books at the same time.

For months, I have been sucked into the world of the Mayfair Witches. When at last I was done with the final book in the series, I cried. The Mayfairs have come to an end and I will never know how their lives turned out after all was said and done.

I enjoyed all three books immensely and was wrapped up in each one of them, more so than the previous – an aching need to find out the truth. I spent countless hours in the bathtub enjoying the flamboyant life of Julien and Stella. I enjoyed reading about the stories of how the powers of the Mayfair’s were introduced by Suzanne when she called upon her magical ghost, Lasher.

I loved the story about how Lasher was conceived in human form by Rowan and Michael only to find out what a monster he was. The way the stories entwined in each other was mesmerizing and captivating.

So, I sent an email to Anne Rice, begging her to write another book on the Mayfair Witches. I pleaded and begged and even offered to clean her house for the next five years just for one more taste of the witches and their mysterious friends.

Until then, if I don’t find another series to feed my brain, I may become delusional and suicidal.

Hmmmm…..Interview With The Vampire. Seen the movie but never read the book. Perhaps this series will be even better yet. Although I do love those witches. Ah well, vampires will do for now.

Labels:

|