Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Listening To
Disney - The First 50 Years

Reading
Insomnia Stephen King

February 16, 2007

I'll Stand By You As Long As I Live

On Valentine's Day we had planned to go out for dinner but then Bello suggested we stay in and have a fondue night all by ourselves. We went to the store and bought everything we needed and headed home.

I was pulling everything out of the bags when he presented me his card for the special day.

"Awwwe honey. But I didn't get you anything."

"That's okay."

"I'm kidding, babe. I would never do that to you. Here, I have a card for you."

"Open yours first."

I opened the card and on the front of it was a sillouhette of a man and woman kissing in a doorway. It read:

Stand By Me

You are the quiet
at the end of my day......

Then I opened the inside and it played Stand By Me, the original version. I was so touched. Then it got better. The card read:

I feel so loved when you hold me.
I close my eyes and the rest
of the world disappears.
Then it's just you and me,
and that's all I need.

Happy Valentine's Day

It got even better. He wrote me a poem inside the card:

I can see the future when I look into you eyes,
The future of us together, farther than the bluest skies.
I see happiness, good fortune and health,
Not so much power or fame but hopefully wealth.
I love you more than you will ever know,
I love knowing that we're going to watch each other grow.
I love you so much sometimes it's hard to see,


Then in little words below the last line it said "over". I turned the card over and on the back was a Post It note. I lifted the Post It and it said,


Will You Marry Me?


Then he pulled out a beatiful heart-shaped ring set in white gold with my favorite stone, a Moldavite. I cried and hugged him and I said, "Of course I will marry you."


We will be married June 14th, 2008.


Labels: , , ,

|