Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Listening To
Disney - The First 50 Years

Reading
Insomnia Stephen King

April 03, 2007

'Tis My Intent

From the time I was very young, I have always had an interest in things that are not considered normal for me. Maybe normal for someone else, but not normal for me. For example - my religion. I was dragged through every religion possible and not one of them made any sense or appealed to me.

My career path is somewhat traditional but my major in college was not. In fact, it is the exact opposite of what people would have expected from me. Most people thought I would become a writer or a journalist for news. I thought they were crazy. I don't have the artistic talent to write eloquently; I tend to go on and on and on and bore people with irrelevant details. I am too descriptive and sometimes....well....sometimes I downright say too much. As they say, "Some things are better left unsaid." I learned that valuable lesson a couple months ago.

What is expected of me, I do the opposite and it's not out of rebellion; it's my own individuality that shines and gives me a sense of who I really am. If I listened to everyone else, I wouldn't be who I am today. I chose this person for myself and when and if I decide to change, then that will be my choice. I am open to ideas but they will be incorporated into mine and shouldn't be confused with patronization. It's quite often that people tend to take credit for changing a person.

Not true.

A person doesn't simply change another person. People have to want to change and if a good idea is thrown their way and makes a person think differently about their situation, then they have that choice to take that idea and mold into their own. You can't change someone but you can certainly influence them.

My point here is that people think they know me. They know "my kind". It's funny to see their faces when they realize how wrong they are.

I guess it's part of being a Gemini - unpredictable, uncertain and indecisive.

Labels:

|